Kannada national language and Kannada as a Second Language
Kannada speaking countries include both countries with Kannada national language and Kannada as a second language. Check if Kannada language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Kannada is national language of Karnataka, India.
Compare Kannada speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Kannada vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Kannada is second language of Goa.
The Kannada countries mentioned under Kannada Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Kannada language.
Kannada as minority language
Countries with Kannada as minority language are also included in Kannada speaking countries.
- Kannada is spoken as minority language in Andra Pradesh, Goa, kerala, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Telangana.
Along with Kannada speaking countries check out Kannada speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Kannada speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Kannada Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Kannada language are Kannada regulators. Kannada is regulated by Various academies and the Government of Karnataka. The regulatory bodies of Kannada lie in Kannada speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Kannada:
- Kannada is the third oldest language after Sanskrit and Tamil of India
- Kannada language is only Indian language which got maximum i.e. 8 GyanaPeetha Awards.
The Kannada language is derived from Sanskrit Language and is closely related to Telugu.