Chinese and Sinhalese as Minority Language
In Chinese and Sinhalese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Chinese and Sinhalese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Chinese as minority language: Indonesia, Malaysia.
- Sinhalese as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Chinese and Sinhalese dialects, then you can go to Chinese vs Sinhalese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Chinese and Sinhalese Regulators
Chinese and Sinhalese speaking countries provide you Chinese and Sinhalese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Chinese Language Standardization Council, National Commission on Language and Script Work, Promote Mandarin Council regulates Chinese language.Sinhalese is regulated by Hela Havula (හෙළ හවුල). Also get to learn, Chinese and Sinhalese Language History.
Chinese and Sinhalese Continents
Thinking about Chinese and Sinhalese continents in which Chinese and Sinhalese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Chinese and Sinhalese. Most of the Chinese speaking countries lie in Asia. While Sinhalese speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Chinese and Sinhalese languages:
Chinese Interesting Facts:
- Chinese language is tonal, since meaning of a word changes according to its tone.
- In Chinese language, there is no grammatical distinction between singular or plural, no declination of verbs according to tense, mood and aspect.
Sinhalese Interesting Facts:
- In Sinhalese language, there are many loanwords from Dravidian languages mainly Tamil, Portuguese, Dutch and English.
- Sinhalese language has it own script/ writing system.
The Chinese language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Not Available whereas Chinese language is similar to Maldivian Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.