Cebuano national language and Cebuano as a Second Language
Cebuano speaking countries include both countries with Cebuano national language and Cebuano as a second language. Check if Cebuano language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Cebuano is national language of Philippines.
Compare Cebuano speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Cebuano vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Cebuano is second language of Philippines.
The Cebuano countries mentioned under Cebuano Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Cebuano language.
Cebuano as minority language
Countries with Cebuano as minority language are also included in Cebuano speaking countries.
- Cebuano is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Cebuano speaking countries check out Cebuano speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Cebuano speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Cebuano Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Cebuano language are Cebuano regulators. Cebuano is regulated by Visayan Academy of Arts and Letters. The regulatory bodies of Cebuano lie in Cebuano speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Cebuano:
- About one-fifth of the population of the philippines speak cebuano and are second largest ethnolinguistic group in the country.
- Cebuano contains many words of Spanish origin.
The Cebuano language is derived from Island of Cebu and is closely related to Hiligaynon Language.