Cebuano and Bhojpuri as Minority Language
In Cebuano and Bhojpuri speaking countries you will get the countries which have Cebuano and Bhojpuri as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Cebuano as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Bhojpuri as minority language: Fiji, Guyana, Jamaica, Mauritius, Nepal, Pakistan, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago.
If you want to compare Cebuano and Bhojpuri dialects, then you can go to Cebuano vs Bhojpuri Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Cebuano and Bhojpuri Regulators
Cebuano and Bhojpuri speaking countries provide you Cebuano and Bhojpuri regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Visayan Academy of Arts and Letters regulates Cebuano language.Bhojpuri is not regulated. Also get to learn, Cebuano and Bhojpuri Language History.
Cebuano and Bhojpuri Continents
Thinking about Cebuano and Bhojpuri continents in which Cebuano and Bhojpuri speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Cebuano and Bhojpuri. Most of the Cebuano speaking countries lie in Asia. While Bhojpuri speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Cebuano and Bhojpuri languages:
Cebuano Interesting Facts:
- About one-fifth of the population of the philippines speak cebuano and are second largest ethnolinguistic group in the country.
- Cebuano contains many words of Spanish origin.
Bhojpuri Interesting Facts:
- Bhojpuri was anciently written in Kaithi scripts.
- In Mughal Era, Kaithi script was used in administrative purposes for writing in Bhojpuri language.
The Cebuano language was derived from Island of Cebu and is similar to Hiligaynon Language whereas Cebuano language is similar to Maithili and Magahi and derived from Sanskrit Language.