Thai and Urdu as Minority Language
In Thai and Urdu speaking countries you will get the countries which have Thai and Urdu as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Thai as minority language: Burma, Cambodia, Laos.
- Urdu as minority language: India.
If you want to compare Thai and Urdu dialects, then you can go to Thai vs Urdu Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Thai and Urdu Regulators
Thai and Urdu speaking countries provide you Thai and Urdu regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Royal Society of Thailand (ราชบัณฑิตยสภา) regulates Thai language.Urdu is regulated by National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, India, National Language Authority, Pakistan. Also get to learn, Thai and Urdu Language History.
Thai and Urdu Continents
Thinking about Thai and Urdu continents in which Thai and Urdu speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Thai and Urdu. Most of the Thai speaking countries lie in Asia. While Urdu speaking countries lie in Asia, Oceania. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Thai and Urdu languages:
Thai Interesting Facts:
- Thai is tonal language and also it is very repetitive and exaggerative language.
- You should learn thai language with native speakers and not with books or recorders, since speaking and writing in thai are not the same.
Urdu Interesting Facts:
- Urdu is a language of beauty and grace, that adds meaning to prose and charm to poetry.
- Different languages such as Arabic, Persian and Turkish gave birth and richness to Urdu.
The Thai language was derived from Khmer Language and is similar to Lao Language whereas Thai language is similar to Arabic and Hindi Languages and derived from Ghaznavid Persian Language.