Swedish national language and Swedish as a Second Language
Swedish speaking countries include both countries with Swedish national language and Swedish as a second language. Check if Swedish language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Swedish is national language of Sweden.
Compare Swedish speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Swedish vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Swedish is second language of Finland.
The Swedish countries mentioned under Swedish Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Swedish language.
Swedish as minority language
Countries with Swedish as minority language are also included in Swedish speaking countries.
- Swedish is spoken as minority language in Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
Along with Swedish speaking countries check out Swedish speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Swedish speaking countries mainly lie in Antartica, Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Swedish Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Swedish language are Swedish regulators. Swedish is regulated by Institute for the Languages of Finland, Swedish Academy, Swedish Language Council. The regulatory bodies of Swedish lie in Swedish speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Swedish:
- In Swedish language, article comes after noun.
- Most of the words in Swedish language began "S" than any other letter.
The Swedish language is derived from Old Norse Language and is closely related to Norwegian and Danish Language.