Swedish and Lao as Minority Language
In Swedish and Lao speaking countries you will get the countries which have Swedish and Lao as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Swedish as minority language: Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Lao as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Swedish and Lao dialects, then you can go to Swedish vs Lao Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Swedish and Lao Regulators
Swedish and Lao speaking countries provide you Swedish and Lao regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Institute for the Languages of Finland, Swedish Academy, Swedish Language Council regulates Swedish language.Lao is not regulated. Also get to learn, Swedish and Lao Language History.
Swedish and Lao Continents
Thinking about Swedish and Lao continents in which Swedish and Lao speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Swedish and Lao. Most of the Swedish speaking countries lie in Antartica, Europe. While Lao speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Swedish and Lao languages:
Swedish Interesting Facts:
- In Swedish language, article comes after noun.
- Most of the words in Swedish language began "S" than any other letter.
Lao Interesting Facts:
- There is no space left between words, only between phrases or sentences in Lao language.
- The Lao alphabets has been reformed many times over the past 50 years.
The Swedish language was derived from Old Norse Language and is similar to Norwegian and Danish Language whereas Swedish language is similar to Thai Language and derived from Pali, Sanskrit and Old Khmer Languages.