Somali and Chinese as Minority Language
In Somali and Chinese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Somali and Chinese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Somali as minority language: Yemen.
- Chinese as minority language: Indonesia, Malaysia.
If you want to compare Somali and Chinese dialects, then you can go to Somali vs Chinese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Somali and Chinese Regulators
Somali and Chinese speaking countries provide you Somali and Chinese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. National Languages Committee, Regional Somali Language Academy regulates Somali language.Chinese is regulated by Chinese Language Standardization Council, National Commission on Language and Script Work, Promote Mandarin Council. Also get to learn, Somali and Chinese Language History.
Somali and Chinese Continents
Thinking about Somali and Chinese continents in which Somali and Chinese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Somali and Chinese. Most of the Somali speaking countries lie in Africa, Middle East. While Chinese speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Somali and Chinese languages:
Somali Interesting Facts:
- Somali language is one of the best documented Afro-Asiatic languages.
- One of the most widely spoken of the Cushitic languages is the Somali Language.
Chinese Interesting Facts:
- Chinese language is tonal, since meaning of a word changes according to its tone.
- In Chinese language, there is no grammatical distinction between singular or plural, no declination of verbs according to tense, mood and aspect.
The Somali language was derived from Arabic Language and is similar to Afar and Oromo Language whereas Somali language is similar to Not Available and derived from Not Available.