Punjabi and Sinhalese as Minority Language
In Punjabi and Sinhalese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Punjabi and Sinhalese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Punjabi as minority language: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Sinhalese as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Punjabi and Sinhalese dialects, then you can go to Punjabi vs Sinhalese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Punjabi and Sinhalese Regulators
Punjabi and Sinhalese speaking countries provide you Punjabi and Sinhalese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Punjabi is not regulated.Sinhalese is regulated by Hela Havula (හෙළ හවුල). Also get to learn, Punjabi and Sinhalese Language History.
Punjabi and Sinhalese Continents
Thinking about Punjabi and Sinhalese continents in which Punjabi and Sinhalese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Punjabi and Sinhalese. Most of the Punjabi speaking countries lie in Asia. While Sinhalese speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Punjabi and Sinhalese languages:
Punjabi Interesting Facts:
- Punjabi is 2nd most spoken in United Kingdom and 4th most spoken in Canada.
- Punjabi is tonal language, by using various tones Punjabi speakers are able to differentiate between words.
Sinhalese Interesting Facts:
- In Sinhalese language, there are many loanwords from Dravidian languages mainly Tamil, Portuguese, Dutch and English.
- Sinhalese language has it own script/ writing system.
The Punjabi language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Hindi Language whereas Punjabi language is similar to Maldivian Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.