Punjabi and Catalan as Minority Language
In Punjabi and Catalan speaking countries you will get the countries which have Punjabi and Catalan as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Punjabi as minority language: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Catalan as minority language: Aragon, France, Italy, Spain.
If you want to compare Punjabi and Catalan dialects, then you can go to Punjabi vs Catalan Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Punjabi and Catalan Regulators
Punjabi and Catalan speaking countries provide you Punjabi and Catalan regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Punjabi is not regulated.Catalan is regulated by Institut d'Estudis Catalans, Acadèmia Valenciana de la Llengua, National Languages Committee. Also get to learn, Punjabi and Catalan Language History.
Punjabi and Catalan Continents
Thinking about Punjabi and Catalan continents in which Punjabi and Catalan speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Punjabi and Catalan. Most of the Punjabi speaking countries lie in Asia. While Catalan speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Punjabi and Catalan languages:
Punjabi Interesting Facts:
- Punjabi is 2nd most spoken in United Kingdom and 4th most spoken in Canada.
- Punjabi is tonal language, by using various tones Punjabi speakers are able to differentiate between words.
Catalan Interesting Facts:
- Catalan is 6th most largely spoken Romance language.
- Catalan went through a golden age in low middle ages, reaching a peak of maturity and cultural richness.
The Punjabi language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Hindi Language whereas Punjabi language is similar to Spanish Language, Occitan Language, Italian Language, French Language and derived from Latin.