Pashto and Urdu as Minority Language
In Pashto and Urdu speaking countries you will get the countries which have Pashto and Urdu as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Pashto as minority language: Pakistan.
- Urdu as minority language: India.
If you want to compare Pashto and Urdu dialects, then you can go to Pashto vs Urdu Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Pashto and Urdu Regulators
Pashto and Urdu speaking countries provide you Pashto and Urdu regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Academy of Sciences of Afghanistan, Pashto Academy (Pakistan) regulates Pashto language.Urdu is regulated by National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, India, National Language Authority, Pakistan. Also get to learn, Pashto and Urdu Language History.
Pashto and Urdu Continents
Thinking about Pashto and Urdu continents in which Pashto and Urdu speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Pashto and Urdu. Most of the Pashto speaking countries lie in Asia. While Urdu speaking countries lie in Asia, Oceania. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Pashto and Urdu languages:
Pashto Interesting Facts:
- Pashto language is originated in the regions of Paktika and Paktia areas of Afghanistan.
- The first Pashto poem was written in the 7th century.
Urdu Interesting Facts:
- Urdu is a language of beauty and grace, that adds meaning to prose and charm to poetry.
- Different languages such as Arabic, Persian and Turkish gave birth and richness to Urdu.
The Pashto language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Persian and Balochi Languages whereas Pashto language is similar to Arabic and Hindi Languages and derived from Ghaznavid Persian Language.