Pashto national language and Pashto as a Second Language
Pashto speaking countries include both countries with Pashto national language and Pashto as a second language. Check if Pashto language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Pashto is national language of Afganistan, Pakistan, Pashtun diaspora.
Compare Pashto speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Pashto vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Pashto is not spoken as second language.
The Pashto countries mentioned under Pashto Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Pashto language.
Pashto as minority language
Countries with Pashto as minority language are also included in Pashto speaking countries.
- Pashto is spoken as minority language in Pakistan.
Along with Pashto speaking countries check out Pashto speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Pashto speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Pashto Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Pashto language are Pashto regulators. Pashto is regulated by Academy of Sciences of Afghanistan, Pashto Academy (Pakistan). The regulatory bodies of Pashto lie in Pashto speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Pashto:
- Pashto language is originated in the regions of Paktika and Paktia areas of Afghanistan.
- The first Pashto poem was written in the 7th century.
The Pashto language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Persian and Balochi Languages.