Oriya and Cebuano as Minority Language
In Oriya and Cebuano speaking countries you will get the countries which have Oriya and Cebuano as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Oriya as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Cebuano as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Oriya and Cebuano dialects, then you can go to Oriya vs Cebuano Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Oriya and Cebuano Regulators
Oriya and Cebuano speaking countries provide you Oriya and Cebuano regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Oriya is not regulated.Cebuano is regulated by Visayan Academy of Arts and Letters. Also get to learn, Oriya and Cebuano Language History.
Oriya and Cebuano Continents
Thinking about Oriya and Cebuano continents in which Oriya and Cebuano speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Oriya and Cebuano. Most of the Oriya speaking countries lie in Asia. While Cebuano speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Oriya and Cebuano languages:
Oriya Interesting Facts:
- The earliest literature in Oriya was traced in 7th to 9th centuries.
- Since Odia is having a long literary history and has not borrowed largely from other languages, it is the 6th classical language in India.
Cebuano Interesting Facts:
- About one-fifth of the population of the philippines speak cebuano and are second largest ethnolinguistic group in the country.
- Cebuano contains many words of Spanish origin.
The Oriya language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Bengali and Assamese whereas Oriya language is similar to Hiligaynon Language and derived from Island of Cebu.