Cebuano and Maithili as Minority Language
In Cebuano and Maithili speaking countries you will get the countries which have Cebuano and Maithili as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Cebuano as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Maithili as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Cebuano and Maithili dialects, then you can go to Cebuano vs Maithili Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Cebuano and Maithili Regulators
Cebuano and Maithili speaking countries provide you Cebuano and Maithili regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Visayan Academy of Arts and Letters regulates Cebuano language.Maithili is not regulated. Also get to learn, Cebuano and Maithili Language History.
Cebuano and Maithili Continents
Thinking about Cebuano and Maithili continents in which Cebuano and Maithili speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Cebuano and Maithili. Most of the Cebuano speaking countries lie in Asia. While Maithili speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Cebuano and Maithili languages:
Cebuano Interesting Facts:
- About one-fifth of the population of the philippines speak cebuano and are second largest ethnolinguistic group in the country.
- Cebuano contains many words of Spanish origin.
Maithili Interesting Facts:
- Earlier, Maithili language was considered as the dialect of Hindi and Bengali, however in the year 2003 Maithili achieved an independent language status in India.
- Maithili has rich literature.
The Cebuano language was derived from Island of Cebu and is similar to Hiligaynon Language whereas Cebuano language is similar to Bhojpuri Language and derived from Not Available.