Nepali and Punjabi as Minority Language
In Nepali and Punjabi speaking countries you will get the countries which have Nepali and Punjabi as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Nepali as minority language: People's Republic of China.
- Punjabi as minority language: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America.
If you want to compare Nepali and Punjabi dialects, then you can go to Nepali vs Punjabi Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Nepali and Punjabi Regulators
Nepali and Punjabi speaking countries provide you Nepali and Punjabi regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Language Academy of Nepal regulates Nepali language.Punjabi is not regulated. Also get to learn, Nepali and Punjabi Language History.
Nepali and Punjabi Continents
Thinking about Nepali and Punjabi continents in which Nepali and Punjabi speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Nepali and Punjabi. Most of the Nepali speaking countries lie in Asia. While Punjabi speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Nepali and Punjabi languages:
Nepali Interesting Facts:
- Before the term "Nepali" was coined, historically the language was first called the Khas language, Gorkhali or Gukhali.
- Nepali has borrowed many loanwords from neighboring Tibeto-Burmese languages.
Punjabi Interesting Facts:
- Punjabi is 2nd most spoken in United Kingdom and 4th most spoken in Canada.
- Punjabi is tonal language, by using various tones Punjabi speakers are able to differentiate between words.
The Nepali language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Hindi whereas Nepali language is similar to Hindi Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.