Malayalam and Punjabi as Minority Language
In Malayalam and Punjabi speaking countries you will get the countries which have Malayalam and Punjabi as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Malayalam as minority language: Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Punjabi as minority language: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America.
If you want to compare Malayalam and Punjabi dialects, then you can go to Malayalam vs Punjabi Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Malayalam and Punjabi Regulators
Malayalam and Punjabi speaking countries provide you Malayalam and Punjabi regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Academy for Malayalam literature, Government of Kerala regulates Malayalam language.Punjabi is not regulated. Also get to learn, Malayalam and Punjabi Language History.
Malayalam and Punjabi Continents
Thinking about Malayalam and Punjabi continents in which Malayalam and Punjabi speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Malayalam and Punjabi. Most of the Malayalam speaking countries lie in Asia. While Punjabi speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Malayalam and Punjabi languages:
Malayalam Interesting Facts:
- Malayalam language has 54 literals. Same sounds have different versions to it.
- Malayalam script is reffered as "Rod Script" and it is derived from the Grantha script, which was developed from Indic script of Brahmi.
Punjabi Interesting Facts:
- Punjabi is 2nd most spoken in United Kingdom and 4th most spoken in Canada.
- Punjabi is tonal language, by using various tones Punjabi speakers are able to differentiate between words.
The Malayalam language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Tamil and Sanskrit Languages whereas Malayalam language is similar to Hindi Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.