Khmer national language and Khmer as a Second Language
Khmer speaking countries include both countries with Khmer national language and Khmer as a second language. Check if Khmer language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Khmer is national language of Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam.
Compare Khmer speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Khmer vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Khmer is not spoken as second language.
The Khmer countries mentioned under Khmer Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Khmer language.
Khmer as minority language
Countries with Khmer as minority language are also included in Khmer speaking countries.
- Khmer is spoken as minority language in Australia, France, United States of America.
Along with Khmer speaking countries check out Khmer speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Khmer speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Khmer Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Khmer language are Khmer regulators. Khmer is not regulated. The regulatory bodies of Khmer lie in Khmer speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Khmer:
- Khmer is not the tonal language.
- Khmer language has borrowed philisophical, administrative and technical vocabulary from Sanskrit and Pali.
The Khmer language is derived from Pali and Sanskrit Languages and is closely related to Lao Language.