Lithuanian and Irish as Minority Language
In Lithuanian and Irish speaking countries you will get the countries which have Lithuanian and Irish as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Lithuanian as minority language: Poland.
- Irish as minority language: United Kingdom.
If you want to compare Lithuanian and Irish dialects, then you can go to Lithuanian vs Irish Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Lithuanian and Irish Regulators
Lithuanian and Irish speaking countries provide you Lithuanian and Irish regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Commission of the Lithuanian Language regulates Lithuanian language.Irish is regulated by Foras na Gaeilge. Also get to learn, Lithuanian and Irish Language History.
Lithuanian and Irish Continents
Thinking about Lithuanian and Irish continents in which Lithuanian and Irish speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Lithuanian and Irish. Most of the Lithuanian speaking countries lie in Europe. While Irish speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Lithuanian and Irish languages:
Lithuanian Interesting Facts:
- Lithuanian has many loanwords that originate from Slavic, Germanic and other Baltic languages.
- "Catheciusmus" is the oldest known book in Lithuanian language in 1547.
Irish Interesting Facts:
- In Irish language, there are no exact words for "yes" or "no".
- There are different set of numbers for counting humans and another set for counting non-humans in Irish Language.
The Lithuanian language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Latvian whereas Lithuanian language is similar to Not Available and derived from Not Available.