Korean and Chinese as Minority Language
In Korean and Chinese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Korean and Chinese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Korean as minority language: Japan, People's Republic of China, Russia, United States of America.
- Chinese as minority language: Indonesia, Malaysia.
If you want to compare Korean and Chinese dialects, then you can go to Korean vs Chinese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Korean and Chinese Regulators
Korean and Chinese speaking countries provide you Korean and Chinese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. The National Institute of the Korean Language regulates Korean language.Chinese is regulated by Chinese Language Standardization Council, National Commission on Language and Script Work, Promote Mandarin Council. Also get to learn, Korean and Chinese Language History.
Korean and Chinese Continents
Thinking about Korean and Chinese continents in which Korean and Chinese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Korean and Chinese. Most of the Korean speaking countries lie in Asia. While Chinese speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Korean and Chinese languages:
Korean Interesting Facts:
- Korean has borrowed words from English and Chinese.
- Korean has two counting systems. First, is based on Chinese characters and numbers are similar to Chinese numbers, and second counting system is from words unique to Korea.
Chinese Interesting Facts:
- Chinese language is tonal, since meaning of a word changes according to its tone.
- In Chinese language, there is no grammatical distinction between singular or plural, no declination of verbs according to tense, mood and aspect.
The Korean language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Chinese and Japanese languages whereas Korean language is similar to Not Available and derived from Not Available.