Irish and Sinhalese as Minority Language
In Irish and Sinhalese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Irish and Sinhalese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Irish as minority language: United Kingdom.
- Sinhalese as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Irish and Sinhalese dialects, then you can go to Irish vs Sinhalese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Irish and Sinhalese Regulators
Irish and Sinhalese speaking countries provide you Irish and Sinhalese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Foras na Gaeilge regulates Irish language.Sinhalese is regulated by Hela Havula (හෙළ හවුල). Also get to learn, Irish and Sinhalese Language History.
Irish and Sinhalese Continents
Thinking about Irish and Sinhalese continents in which Irish and Sinhalese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Irish and Sinhalese. Most of the Irish speaking countries lie in Europe. While Sinhalese speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Irish and Sinhalese languages:
Irish Interesting Facts:
- In Irish language, there are no exact words for "yes" or "no".
- There are different set of numbers for counting humans and another set for counting non-humans in Irish Language.
Sinhalese Interesting Facts:
- In Sinhalese language, there are many loanwords from Dravidian languages mainly Tamil, Portuguese, Dutch and English.
- Sinhalese language has it own script/ writing system.
The Irish language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Not Available whereas Irish language is similar to Maldivian Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.