Galician and Catalan as Minority Language
In Galician and Catalan speaking countries you will get the countries which have Galician and Catalan as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Galician as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Catalan as minority language: Aragon, France, Italy, Spain.
If you want to compare Galician and Catalan dialects, then you can go to Galician vs Catalan Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Galician and Catalan Regulators
Galician and Catalan speaking countries provide you Galician and Catalan regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Royal Galician Academy (Real Academia Galega) regulates Galician language.Catalan is regulated by Institut d'Estudis Catalans, Acadèmia Valenciana de la Llengua, National Languages Committee. Also get to learn, Galician and Catalan Language History.
Galician and Catalan Continents
Thinking about Galician and Catalan continents in which Galician and Catalan speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Galician and Catalan. Most of the Galician speaking countries lie in Europe. While Catalan speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Galician and Catalan languages:
Galician Interesting Facts:
- In Galician language, there are no compound tenses.
- The earliest document in Galician language was written in 1228 which was legal charter for a municipality of Galicia.
Catalan Interesting Facts:
- Catalan is 6th most largely spoken Romance language.
- Catalan went through a golden age in low middle ages, reaching a peak of maturity and cultural richness.
The Galician language was derived from Latin and is similar to Portuguese Language whereas Galician language is similar to Spanish Language, Occitan Language, Italian Language, French Language and derived from Latin.