Catalan and Welsh as Minority Language
In Catalan and Welsh speaking countries you will get the countries which have Catalan and Welsh as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Catalan as minority language: Aragon, France, Italy, Spain.
- Welsh as minority language: Argentina, United Kingdom.
If you want to compare Catalan and Welsh dialects, then you can go to Catalan vs Welsh Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Catalan and Welsh Regulators
Catalan and Welsh speaking countries provide you Catalan and Welsh regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Institut d'Estudis Catalans, Acadèmia Valenciana de la Llengua, National Languages Committee regulates Catalan language.Welsh is regulated by Welsh Language Commissioner. Also get to learn, Catalan and Welsh Language History.
Catalan and Welsh Continents
Thinking about Catalan and Welsh continents in which Catalan and Welsh speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Catalan and Welsh. Most of the Catalan speaking countries lie in Europe. While Welsh speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Catalan and Welsh languages:
Catalan Interesting Facts:
- Catalan is 6th most largely spoken Romance language.
- Catalan went through a golden age in low middle ages, reaching a peak of maturity and cultural richness.
Welsh Interesting Facts:
- One of the Celtic language still spoken with great numbers of speakers is Welsh language.
- Welsh was evolved from British , which was spoken by ancient Britons.
The Catalan language was derived from Latin and is similar to Spanish Language, Occitan Language, Italian Language, French Language whereas Catalan language is similar to English Language and derived from British Language.