Finnish and Portuguese as Minority Language
In Finnish and Portuguese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Finnish and Portuguese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Finnish as minority language: Republic of Karelia, Russian Federation, Sweden.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
If you want to compare Finnish and Portuguese dialects, then you can go to Finnish vs Portuguese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Finnish and Portuguese Regulators
Finnish and Portuguese speaking countries provide you Finnish and Portuguese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Institute for the Languages of Finland regulates Finnish language.Portuguese is regulated by Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras. Also get to learn, Finnish and Portuguese Language History.
Finnish and Portuguese Continents
Thinking about Finnish and Portuguese continents in which Finnish and Portuguese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Finnish and Portuguese. Most of the Finnish speaking countries lie in Asia, Europe. While Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Finnish and Portuguese languages:
Finnish Interesting Facts:
- Finnish language has adopted many words from Iranian, Turkic, Baltic, Germanic and Slavic languages.
- In Finnish language, there are no articles or grammatical gender.
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
The Finnish language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Estonian and Livonian Languages whereas Finnish language is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages and derived from Latin.