Bulgarian national language and Bulgarian as a Second Language
Bulgarian speaking countries include both countries with Bulgarian national language and Bulgarian as a second language. Check if Bulgarian language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Bulgarian is national language of Bulgaria.
Compare Bulgarian speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Bulgarian vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Bulgarian is not spoken as second language.
The Bulgarian countries mentioned under Bulgarian Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Bulgarian language.
Bulgarian as minority language
Countries with Bulgarian as minority language are also included in Bulgarian speaking countries.
- Bulgarian is spoken as minority language in Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine.
Along with Bulgarian speaking countries check out Bulgarian speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Bulgarian speaking countries mainly lie in Africa, Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Bulgarian Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Bulgarian language are Bulgarian regulators. Bulgarian is regulated by Institute for the Bulgarian language. The regulatory bodies of Bulgarian lie in Bulgarian speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Bulgarian:
- The only Slavic language which has lost all its grammatical cases is Bulgarian.
- The first Slavic language to be written was Bulgarian in 9th century.
The Bulgarian language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Macedonian language.