Czech national language and Czech as a Second Language
Czech speaking countries include both countries with Czech national language and Czech as a second language. Check if Czech language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Czech is national language of Czech Republic.
Compare Czech speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Czech vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Czech is not spoken as second language.
The Czech countries mentioned under Czech Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Czech language.
Czech as minority language
Countries with Czech as minority language are also included in Czech speaking countries.
- Czech is spoken as minority language in Austria, Croatia, Germany, Slovakia.
Along with Czech speaking countries check out Czech speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Czech speaking countries mainly lie in Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Czech Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Czech language are Czech regulators. Czech is regulated by Institute of the Czech Language. The regulatory bodies of Czech lie in Czech speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Czech:
- The Czech language was known as Bohemian as early at 19th century.
- In czech language, there are many words that do not contain vowels.
The Czech language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Polish, Slovak and Sorbian.