Croatian and Swedish as Minority Language
In Croatian and Swedish speaking countries you will get the countries which have Croatian and Swedish as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Croatian as minority language: Austria, Hungary, Italy, Montenegro, Romania.
- Swedish as minority language: Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
If you want to compare Croatian and Swedish dialects, then you can go to Croatian vs Swedish Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Croatian and Swedish Regulators
Croatian and Swedish speaking countries provide you Croatian and Swedish regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Institute of Croatian Language and Linguistics regulates Croatian language.Swedish is regulated by Institute for the Languages of Finland, Swedish Academy, Swedish Language Council. Also get to learn, Croatian and Swedish Language History.
Croatian and Swedish Continents
Thinking about Croatian and Swedish continents in which Croatian and Swedish speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Croatian and Swedish. Most of the Croatian speaking countries lie in Europe. While Swedish speaking countries lie in Antartica, Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Croatian and Swedish languages:
Croatian Interesting Facts:
- In croatian language, everywhere there are words without vowels.
- Though croatian language was born in 9th century, the first written document in croatian was in 11th century.
Swedish Interesting Facts:
- In Swedish language, article comes after noun.
- Most of the words in Swedish language began "S" than any other letter.
The Croatian language was derived from Church Slavonic and is similar to Serbain and Bosnian whereas Croatian language is similar to Norwegian and Danish Language and derived from Old Norse Language.