Cebuano and Meithei as Minority Language
In Cebuano and Meithei speaking countries you will get the countries which have Cebuano and Meithei as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Cebuano as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Meithei as minority language: Assam, Manipur, Tripura.
If you want to compare Cebuano and Meithei dialects, then you can go to Cebuano vs Meithei Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Cebuano and Meithei Regulators
Cebuano and Meithei speaking countries provide you Cebuano and Meithei regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Visayan Academy of Arts and Letters regulates Cebuano language.Meithei is not regulated. Also get to learn, Cebuano and Meithei Language History.
Cebuano and Meithei Continents
Thinking about Cebuano and Meithei continents in which Cebuano and Meithei speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Cebuano and Meithei. Most of the Cebuano speaking countries lie in Asia. While Meithei speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Cebuano and Meithei languages:
Cebuano Interesting Facts:
- About one-fifth of the population of the philippines speak cebuano and are second largest ethnolinguistic group in the country.
- Cebuano contains many words of Spanish origin.
Meithei Interesting Facts:
- Meithei Language is currently classified as a vulnerable language by UNESCO.
- The oldest document in Methei language was dated back in 8th century were inscriptions on the copper plate.
The Cebuano language was derived from Island of Cebu and is similar to Hiligaynon Language whereas Cebuano language is similar to Bengali, Odia, Maithili and Meithei Languages and derived from Not Available.