Sanskrit national language and Sanskrit as a Second Language
Sanskrit speaking countries include both countries with Sanskrit national language and Sanskrit as a second language. Check if Sanskrit language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Sanskrit is national language of India.
Compare Sanskrit speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Sanskrit vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Sanskrit is not spoken as second language.
The Sanskrit countries mentioned under Sanskrit Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Sanskrit language.
Sanskrit as minority language
Countries with Sanskrit as minority language are also included in Sanskrit speaking countries.
- Sanskrit is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Sanskrit speaking countries check out Sanskrit speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Sanskrit speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Sanskrit Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Sanskrit language are Sanskrit regulators. Sanskrit is not regulated. The regulatory bodies of Sanskrit lie in Sanskrit speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Sanskrit:
- Sanskrit language has highest number of vocabularies than any other language.
- Sanskrit Language has proved to help in speech therapy, also it increases concentration and helps to learn maths and science better.
The Sanskrit language is derived from Prakrit Language and is closely related to Old German Language.