Catalan and Persian as Minority Language
In Catalan and Persian speaking countries you will get the countries which have Catalan and Persian as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Catalan as minority language: Aragon, France, Italy, Spain.
- Persian as minority language: Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates.
If you want to compare Catalan and Persian dialects, then you can go to Catalan vs Persian Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Catalan and Persian Regulators
Catalan and Persian speaking countries provide you Catalan and Persian regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Institut d'Estudis Catalans, Acadèmia Valenciana de la Llengua, National Languages Committee regulates Catalan language.Persian is regulated by Academy of Persian Language and Literature (فرهنگستان زبان و اد, Academy of Sciences of Afghanistan. Also get to learn, Catalan and Persian Language History.
Catalan and Persian Continents
Thinking about Catalan and Persian continents in which Catalan and Persian speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Catalan and Persian. Most of the Catalan speaking countries lie in Europe. While Persian speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Catalan and Persian languages:
Catalan Interesting Facts:
- Catalan is 6th most largely spoken Romance language.
- Catalan went through a golden age in low middle ages, reaching a peak of maturity and cultural richness.
Persian Interesting Facts:
- In Iran, Parsi language is known as Farsi, while in Afghanistan Persian language is known as Dari.
- Persian language has borrowed many loanwords from the Arabic language.
The Catalan language was derived from Latin and is similar to Spanish Language, Occitan Language, Italian Language, French Language whereas Catalan language is similar to Pashto and Balochi Languages and derived from Arabic Language.