Catalan and Cebuano as Minority Language
In Catalan and Cebuano speaking countries you will get the countries which have Catalan and Cebuano as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Catalan as minority language: Aragon, France, Italy, Spain.
- Cebuano as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Catalan and Cebuano dialects, then you can go to Catalan vs Cebuano Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Catalan and Cebuano Regulators
Catalan and Cebuano speaking countries provide you Catalan and Cebuano regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Institut d'Estudis Catalans, Acadèmia Valenciana de la Llengua, National Languages Committee regulates Catalan language.Cebuano is regulated by Visayan Academy of Arts and Letters. Also get to learn, Catalan and Cebuano Language History.
Catalan and Cebuano Continents
Thinking about Catalan and Cebuano continents in which Catalan and Cebuano speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Catalan and Cebuano. Most of the Catalan speaking countries lie in Europe. While Cebuano speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Catalan and Cebuano languages:
Catalan Interesting Facts:
- Catalan is 6th most largely spoken Romance language.
- Catalan went through a golden age in low middle ages, reaching a peak of maturity and cultural richness.
Cebuano Interesting Facts:
- About one-fifth of the population of the philippines speak cebuano and are second largest ethnolinguistic group in the country.
- Cebuano contains many words of Spanish origin.
The Catalan language was derived from Latin and is similar to Spanish Language, Occitan Language, Italian Language, French Language whereas Catalan language is similar to Hiligaynon Language and derived from Island of Cebu.