Burmese and Greek as Minority Language
In Burmese and Greek speaking countries you will get the countries which have Burmese and Greek as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Burmese as minority language: Mon.
- Greek as minority language: Albania, Armenia, Australia, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine.
If you want to compare Burmese and Greek dialects, then you can go to Burmese vs Greek Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Burmese and Greek Regulators
Burmese and Greek speaking countries provide you Burmese and Greek regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Myanmar Language Commission regulates Burmese language.Greek is regulated by Center for the Greek language (Κέντρον Ελληνικής Γλώσσας). Also get to learn, Burmese and Greek Language History.
Burmese and Greek Continents
Thinking about Burmese and Greek continents in which Burmese and Greek speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Burmese and Greek. Most of the Burmese speaking countries lie in Asia. While Greek speaking countries lie in Asia, Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Burmese and Greek languages:
Burmese Interesting Facts:
- The naming of people in Burmese is strange. There is no last name, often name is rhymed such as Ming Ming, Mo Mo or Jo Jo.
- It appears as odd language to many people because it has peculiar pitch register, tonal form as language.
Greek Interesting Facts:
- Greek is the longest documented language of all the Indo-European Langauges.
- The official language of education in the Roman Empire was Greek.
The Burmese language was derived from Pali Language and is similar to Thai Language whereas Burmese language is similar to Armenian and derived from Latin.