Bengali and Urdu as Minority Language
In Bengali and Urdu speaking countries you will get the countries which have Bengali and Urdu as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Bengali as minority language: Australia, Canada, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Urdu as minority language: India.
If you want to compare Bengali and Urdu dialects, then you can go to Bengali vs Urdu Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Bengali and Urdu Regulators
Bengali and Urdu speaking countries provide you Bengali and Urdu regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Bangla Academy, Paschimbanga Bangla Akademi regulates Bengali language.Urdu is regulated by National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, India, National Language Authority, Pakistan. Also get to learn, Bengali and Urdu Language History.
Bengali and Urdu Continents
Thinking about Bengali and Urdu continents in which Bengali and Urdu speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Bengali and Urdu. Most of the Bengali speaking countries lie in Asia. While Urdu speaking countries lie in Asia, Oceania. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Bengali and Urdu languages:
Bengali Interesting Facts:
- Bengali language is the World's sweetest language.
- 21st February is celebrated as an International Mother Language day, which is based on Bengali language.
Urdu Interesting Facts:
- Urdu is a language of beauty and grace, that adds meaning to prose and charm to poetry.
- Different languages such as Arabic, Persian and Turkish gave birth and richness to Urdu.
The Bengali language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Assamese and Oriya whereas Bengali language is similar to Arabic and Hindi Languages and derived from Ghaznavid Persian Language.