Bengali national language and Bengali as a Second Language
Bengali speaking countries include both countries with Bengali national language and Bengali as a second language. Check if Bengali language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Bengali is national language of Bangladesh, India.
Compare Bengali speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Bengali vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Bengali is second language of India.
The Bengali countries mentioned under Bengali Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Bengali language.
Bengali as minority language
Countries with Bengali as minority language are also included in Bengali speaking countries.
- Bengali is spoken as minority language in Australia, Canada, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America.
Along with Bengali speaking countries check out Bengali speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Bengali speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Bengali Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Bengali language are Bengali regulators. Bengali is regulated by Bangla Academy, Paschimbanga Bangla Akademi. The regulatory bodies of Bengali lie in Bengali speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Bengali:
- Bengali language is the World's sweetest language.
- 21st February is celebrated as an International Mother Language day, which is based on Bengali language.
The Bengali language is derived from Sanskrit Language and is closely related to Assamese and Oriya.