Bengali and Nepali as Minority Language
In Bengali and Nepali speaking countries you will get the countries which have Bengali and Nepali as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Bengali as minority language: Australia, Canada, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Nepali as minority language: People's Republic of China.
If you want to compare Bengali and Nepali dialects, then you can go to Bengali vs Nepali Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Bengali and Nepali Regulators
Bengali and Nepali speaking countries provide you Bengali and Nepali regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Bangla Academy, Paschimbanga Bangla Akademi regulates Bengali language.Nepali is regulated by Language Academy of Nepal. Also get to learn, Bengali and Nepali Language History.
Bengali and Nepali Continents
Thinking about Bengali and Nepali continents in which Bengali and Nepali speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Bengali and Nepali. Most of the Bengali speaking countries lie in Asia. While Nepali speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Bengali and Nepali languages:
Bengali Interesting Facts:
- Bengali language is the World's sweetest language.
- 21st February is celebrated as an International Mother Language day, which is based on Bengali language.
Nepali Interesting Facts:
- Before the term "Nepali" was coined, historically the language was first called the Khas language, Gorkhali or Gukhali.
- Nepali has borrowed many loanwords from neighboring Tibeto-Burmese languages.
The Bengali language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Assamese and Oriya whereas Bengali language is similar to Hindi and derived from Sanskrit Language.