Balochi and Xhosa as Minority Language
In Balochi and Xhosa speaking countries you will get the countries which have Balochi and Xhosa as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Balochi as minority language: India, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates.
- Xhosa as minority language: Botswana, Lesotho.
If you want to compare Balochi and Xhosa dialects, then you can go to Balochi vs Xhosa Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Balochi and Xhosa Regulators
Balochi and Xhosa speaking countries provide you Balochi and Xhosa regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Balochi Academy, National Languages Committee regulates Balochi language.Xhosa is not regulated. Also get to learn, Balochi and Xhosa Language History.
Balochi and Xhosa Continents
Thinking about Balochi and Xhosa continents in which Balochi and Xhosa speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Balochi and Xhosa. Most of the Balochi speaking countries lie in Asia. While Xhosa speaking countries lie in Africa. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Balochi and Xhosa languages:
Balochi Interesting Facts:
- Balochi language had no written form before the early 19th century. The official language used until that time was Persian.
- Balochi has borrowed words from Persian, Arabic, Sindhi, and other languages.
Xhosa Interesting Facts:
- Xhosa has 15 click sounds, borrowed from the khoi-khoi and san languages of the South Africa.
- The same sequence of consonants and vowels can have different meaning when said with different tones, so Xhosa is tonal.
The Balochi language was derived from Ancient Indo-Iranian Language and is similar to Kurdish and Persian whereas Balochi language is similar to Zulu, Swazi, and Ndebele and derived from Khoi-Khoi and San Languages.