Tibetan and Latvian as Minority Language
In Tibetan and Latvian speaking countries you will get the countries which have Tibetan and Latvian as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Tibetan as minority language: China, India, Nepal.
- Latvian as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Tibetan and Latvian dialects, then you can go to Tibetan vs Latvian Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Tibetan and Latvian Regulators
Tibetan and Latvian speaking countries provide you Tibetan and Latvian regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Committee for the Standardisation of the Tibetan Language regulates Tibetan language.Latvian is regulated by Latvian State Language Center. Also get to learn, Tibetan and Latvian Language History.
Tibetan and Latvian Continents
Thinking about Tibetan and Latvian continents in which Tibetan and Latvian speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Tibetan and Latvian. Most of the Tibetan speaking countries lie in Asia. While Latvian speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Tibetan and Latvian languages:
Tibetan Interesting Facts:
- Tibetan dialects vary alot, so it's difficult for tibetans to understand each other if they are not from same area.
- Tibetan is tonal with six tones in all: short low, long low, high falling, low falling, short high, long high.
Latvian Interesting Facts:
- The first written form of Latvian dates from 16th century was found in religious texts.
- The old latvian language was based on the a Gothic script.
The Tibetan language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Not Available whereas Tibetan language is similar to Lithuanian Language and derived from Not Available.