Maithili national language and Maithili as a Second Language
Maithili speaking countries include both countries with Maithili national language and Maithili as a second language. Check if Maithili language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Maithili is national language of India, Nepal.
Compare Maithili speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Maithili vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Maithili is second language of Nepal.
The Maithili countries mentioned under Maithili Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Maithili language.
Maithili as minority language
Countries with Maithili as minority language are also included in Maithili speaking countries.
- Maithili is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Maithili speaking countries check out Maithili speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Maithili speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Maithili Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Maithili language are Maithili regulators. Maithili is not regulated. The regulatory bodies of Maithili lie in Maithili speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Maithili:
- Earlier, Maithili language was considered as the dialect of Hindi and Bengali, however in the year 2003 Maithili achieved an independent language status in India.
- Maithili has rich literature.
The Maithili language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Bhojpuri Language.