Oriya and Urdu as Minority Language
In Oriya and Urdu speaking countries you will get the countries which have Oriya and Urdu as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Oriya as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Urdu as minority language: India.
If you want to compare Oriya and Urdu dialects, then you can go to Oriya vs Urdu Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Oriya and Urdu Regulators
Oriya and Urdu speaking countries provide you Oriya and Urdu regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Oriya is not regulated.Urdu is regulated by National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, India, National Language Authority, Pakistan. Also get to learn, Oriya and Urdu Language History.
Oriya and Urdu Continents
Thinking about Oriya and Urdu continents in which Oriya and Urdu speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Oriya and Urdu. Most of the Oriya speaking countries lie in Asia. While Urdu speaking countries lie in Asia, Oceania. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Oriya and Urdu languages:
Oriya Interesting Facts:
- The earliest literature in Oriya was traced in 7th to 9th centuries.
- Since Odia is having a long literary history and has not borrowed largely from other languages, it is the 6th classical language in India.
Urdu Interesting Facts:
- Urdu is a language of beauty and grace, that adds meaning to prose and charm to poetry.
- Different languages such as Arabic, Persian and Turkish gave birth and richness to Urdu.
The Oriya language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Bengali and Assamese whereas Oriya language is similar to Arabic and Hindi Languages and derived from Ghaznavid Persian Language.