Oriya and Maithili as Minority Language
In Oriya and Maithili speaking countries you will get the countries which have Oriya and Maithili as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Oriya as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Maithili as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Oriya and Maithili dialects, then you can go to Oriya vs Maithili Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Oriya and Maithili Regulators
Oriya and Maithili speaking countries provide you Oriya and Maithili regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Oriya is not regulated.Maithili is not regulated. Also get to learn, Oriya and Maithili Language History.
Oriya and Maithili Continents
Thinking about Oriya and Maithili continents in which Oriya and Maithili speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Oriya and Maithili. Most of the Oriya speaking countries lie in Asia. While Maithili speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Oriya and Maithili languages:
Oriya Interesting Facts:
- The earliest literature in Oriya was traced in 7th to 9th centuries.
- Since Odia is having a long literary history and has not borrowed largely from other languages, it is the 6th classical language in India.
Maithili Interesting Facts:
- Earlier, Maithili language was considered as the dialect of Hindi and Bengali, however in the year 2003 Maithili achieved an independent language status in India.
- Maithili has rich literature.
The Oriya language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Bengali and Assamese whereas Oriya language is similar to Bhojpuri Language and derived from Not Available.