Nepali and Maithili as Minority Language
In Nepali and Maithili speaking countries you will get the countries which have Nepali and Maithili as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Nepali as minority language: People's Republic of China.
- Maithili as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Nepali and Maithili dialects, then you can go to Nepali vs Maithili Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Nepali and Maithili Regulators
Nepali and Maithili speaking countries provide you Nepali and Maithili regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Language Academy of Nepal regulates Nepali language.Maithili is not regulated. Also get to learn, Nepali and Maithili Language History.
Nepali and Maithili Continents
Thinking about Nepali and Maithili continents in which Nepali and Maithili speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Nepali and Maithili. Most of the Nepali speaking countries lie in Asia. While Maithili speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Nepali and Maithili languages:
Nepali Interesting Facts:
- Before the term "Nepali" was coined, historically the language was first called the Khas language, Gorkhali or Gukhali.
- Nepali has borrowed many loanwords from neighboring Tibeto-Burmese languages.
Maithili Interesting Facts:
- Earlier, Maithili language was considered as the dialect of Hindi and Bengali, however in the year 2003 Maithili achieved an independent language status in India.
- Maithili has rich literature.
The Nepali language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Hindi whereas Nepali language is similar to Bhojpuri Language and derived from Not Available.