Meithei and Xhosa as Minority Language
In Meithei and Xhosa speaking countries you will get the countries which have Meithei and Xhosa as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Meithei as minority language: Assam, Manipur, Tripura.
- Xhosa as minority language: Botswana, Lesotho.
If you want to compare Meithei and Xhosa dialects, then you can go to Meithei vs Xhosa Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Meithei and Xhosa Regulators
Meithei and Xhosa speaking countries provide you Meithei and Xhosa regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Meithei is not regulated.Xhosa is not regulated. Also get to learn, Meithei and Xhosa Language History.
Meithei and Xhosa Continents
Thinking about Meithei and Xhosa continents in which Meithei and Xhosa speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Meithei and Xhosa. Most of the Meithei speaking countries lie in Asia. While Xhosa speaking countries lie in Africa. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Meithei and Xhosa languages:
Meithei Interesting Facts:
- Meithei Language is currently classified as a vulnerable language by UNESCO.
- The oldest document in Methei language was dated back in 8th century were inscriptions on the copper plate.
Xhosa Interesting Facts:
- Xhosa has 15 click sounds, borrowed from the khoi-khoi and san languages of the South Africa.
- The same sequence of consonants and vowels can have different meaning when said with different tones, so Xhosa is tonal.
The Meithei language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Bengali, Odia, Maithili and Meithei Languages whereas Meithei language is similar to Zulu, Swazi, and Ndebele and derived from Khoi-Khoi and San Languages.