Meithei and English as Minority Language
In Meithei and English speaking countries you will get the countries which have Meithei and English as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Meithei as minority language: Assam, Manipur, Tripura.
- English as minority language: South Africa.
If you want to compare Meithei and English dialects, then you can go to Meithei vs English Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Meithei and English Regulators
Meithei and English speaking countries provide you Meithei and English regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Meithei is not regulated.English is not regulated. Also get to learn, Meithei and English Language History.
Meithei and English Continents
Thinking about Meithei and English continents in which Meithei and English speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Meithei and English. Most of the Meithei speaking countries lie in Asia. While English speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Meithei and English languages:
Meithei Interesting Facts:
- Meithei Language is currently classified as a vulnerable language by UNESCO.
- The oldest document in Methei language was dated back in 8th century were inscriptions on the copper plate.
English Interesting Facts:
- Most of the English words begin with the letter S than any other letter.
- English is third most commonly spoken language in the world.
The Meithei language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Bengali, Odia, Maithili and Meithei Languages whereas Meithei language is similar to Not Available and derived from Latin.