Malayalam and Somali as Minority Language
In Malayalam and Somali speaking countries you will get the countries which have Malayalam and Somali as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Malayalam as minority language: Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Somali as minority language: Yemen.
If you want to compare Malayalam and Somali dialects, then you can go to Malayalam vs Somali Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Malayalam and Somali Regulators
Malayalam and Somali speaking countries provide you Malayalam and Somali regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Academy for Malayalam literature, Government of Kerala regulates Malayalam language.Somali is regulated by National Languages Committee, Regional Somali Language Academy. Also get to learn, Malayalam and Somali Language History.
Malayalam and Somali Continents
Thinking about Malayalam and Somali continents in which Malayalam and Somali speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Malayalam and Somali. Most of the Malayalam speaking countries lie in Asia. While Somali speaking countries lie in Africa, Middle East. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Malayalam and Somali languages:
Malayalam Interesting Facts:
- Malayalam language has 54 literals. Same sounds have different versions to it.
- Malayalam script is reffered as "Rod Script" and it is derived from the Grantha script, which was developed from Indic script of Brahmi.
Somali Interesting Facts:
- Somali language is one of the best documented Afro-Asiatic languages.
- One of the most widely spoken of the Cushitic languages is the Somali Language.
The Malayalam language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Tamil and Sanskrit Languages whereas Malayalam language is similar to Afar and Oromo Language and derived from Arabic Language.