Konkani and Urdu as Minority Language
In Konkani and Urdu speaking countries you will get the countries which have Konkani and Urdu as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Konkani as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Urdu as minority language: India.
If you want to compare Konkani and Urdu dialects, then you can go to Konkani vs Urdu Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Konkani and Urdu Regulators
Konkani and Urdu speaking countries provide you Konkani and Urdu regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Govenment of Goa regulates Konkani language.Urdu is regulated by National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, India, National Language Authority, Pakistan. Also get to learn, Konkani and Urdu Language History.
Konkani and Urdu Continents
Thinking about Konkani and Urdu continents in which Konkani and Urdu speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Konkani and Urdu. Most of the Konkani speaking countries lie in Asia. While Urdu speaking countries lie in Asia, Oceania. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Konkani and Urdu languages:
Konkani Interesting Facts:
- Fr. Thomas Stevan wrote the first book in Konkani in 1651.
- Sahitya Academy recognized konkani as a language in year 1976.
Urdu Interesting Facts:
- Urdu is a language of beauty and grace, that adds meaning to prose and charm to poetry.
- Different languages such as Arabic, Persian and Turkish gave birth and richness to Urdu.
The Konkani language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Marathi whereas Konkani language is similar to Arabic and Hindi Languages and derived from Ghaznavid Persian Language.