Urdu and Oriya as Minority Language
In Urdu and Oriya speaking countries you will get the countries which have Urdu and Oriya as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Urdu as minority language: India.
- Oriya as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Urdu and Oriya dialects, then you can go to Urdu vs Oriya Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Urdu and Oriya Regulators
Urdu and Oriya speaking countries provide you Urdu and Oriya regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, India, National Language Authority, Pakistan regulates Urdu language.Oriya is not regulated. Also get to learn, Urdu and Oriya Language History.
Urdu and Oriya Continents
Thinking about Urdu and Oriya continents in which Urdu and Oriya speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Urdu and Oriya. Most of the Urdu speaking countries lie in Asia, Oceania. While Oriya speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Urdu and Oriya languages:
Urdu Interesting Facts:
- Urdu is a language of beauty and grace, that adds meaning to prose and charm to poetry.
- Different languages such as Arabic, Persian and Turkish gave birth and richness to Urdu.
Oriya Interesting Facts:
- The earliest literature in Oriya was traced in 7th to 9th centuries.
- Since Odia is having a long literary history and has not borrowed largely from other languages, it is the 6th classical language in India.
The Urdu language was derived from Ghaznavid Persian Language and is similar to Arabic and Hindi Languages whereas Urdu language is similar to Bengali and Assamese and derived from Sanskrit Language.