Konkani and French as Minority Language
In Konkani and French speaking countries you will get the countries which have Konkani and French as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Konkani as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- French as minority language: Brazil, Cambodia, United States of America, Vietnam.
If you want to compare Konkani and French dialects, then you can go to Konkani vs French Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Konkani and French Regulators
Konkani and French speaking countries provide you Konkani and French regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Govenment of Goa regulates Konkani language.French is regulated by Académie française (French Academy), Office québécois de la langue française. Also get to learn, Konkani and French Language History.
Konkani and French Continents
Thinking about Konkani and French continents in which Konkani and French speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Konkani and French. Most of the Konkani speaking countries lie in Asia. While French speaking countries lie in Africa, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, Pacific, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Konkani and French languages:
Konkani Interesting Facts:
- Fr. Thomas Stevan wrote the first book in Konkani in 1651.
- Sahitya Academy recognized konkani as a language in year 1976.
French Interesting Facts:
- French is the only language, with English, that is taught in every country of the world.
- French is the top language in Culinary Scene.
The Konkani language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Marathi whereas Konkani language is similar to Italian Language and derived from Latin.