Hindi and Portuguese as Minority Language
In Hindi and Portuguese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Hindi and Portuguese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Hindi as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
If you want to compare Hindi and Portuguese dialects, then you can go to Hindi vs Portuguese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Hindi and Portuguese Regulators
Hindi and Portuguese speaking countries provide you Hindi and Portuguese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Central Hindi Directorate regulates Hindi language.Portuguese is regulated by Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras. Also get to learn, Hindi and Portuguese Language History.
Hindi and Portuguese Continents
Thinking about Hindi and Portuguese continents in which Hindi and Portuguese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Hindi and Portuguese. Most of the Hindi speaking countries lie in Asia, Oceania. While Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Hindi and Portuguese languages:
Hindi Interesting Facts:
- In Hindi language, nouns are followed by post positions.
- In Hindi, there are many familiar words in English which are in Hindi or of Hindi origin.
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
The Hindi language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Urdu whereas Hindi language is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages and derived from Latin.