Filipino and Catalan as Minority Language
In Filipino and Catalan speaking countries you will get the countries which have Filipino and Catalan as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Filipino as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Catalan as minority language: Aragon, France, Italy, Spain.
If you want to compare Filipino and Catalan dialects, then you can go to Filipino vs Catalan Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Filipino and Catalan Regulators
Filipino and Catalan speaking countries provide you Filipino and Catalan regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino regulates Filipino language.Catalan is regulated by Institut d'Estudis Catalans, Acadèmia Valenciana de la Llengua, National Languages Committee. Also get to learn, Filipino and Catalan Language History.
Filipino and Catalan Continents
Thinking about Filipino and Catalan continents in which Filipino and Catalan speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Filipino and Catalan. Most of the Filipino speaking countries lie in Asia. While Catalan speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Filipino and Catalan languages:
Filipino Interesting Facts:
- "Filipino" was officially declared as national language by the constitution in 1987.
- "Filipino" is the official name of Tagalog, or synonym of it.
Catalan Interesting Facts:
- Catalan is 6th most largely spoken Romance language.
- Catalan went through a golden age in low middle ages, reaching a peak of maturity and cultural richness.
The Filipino language was derived from Spanish Language and is similar to Tagalog Language whereas Filipino language is similar to Spanish Language, Occitan Language, Italian Language, French Language and derived from Latin.