English and Latvian as Minority Language
In English and Latvian speaking countries you will get the countries which have English and Latvian as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- English as minority language: South Africa.
- Latvian as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare English and Latvian dialects, then you can go to English vs Latvian Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
English and Latvian Regulators
English and Latvian speaking countries provide you English and Latvian regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. English is not regulated.Latvian is regulated by Latvian State Language Center. Also get to learn, English and Latvian Language History.
English and Latvian Continents
Thinking about English and Latvian continents in which English and Latvian speaking countries are present. Check out more information on English and Latvian. Most of the English speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, South America. While Latvian speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of English and Latvian languages:
English Interesting Facts:
- Most of the English words begin with the letter S than any other letter.
- English is third most commonly spoken language in the world.
Latvian Interesting Facts:
- The first written form of Latvian dates from 16th century was found in religious texts.
- The old latvian language was based on the a Gothic script.
The English language was derived from Latin and is similar to Not Available whereas English language is similar to Lithuanian Language and derived from Not Available.