Cebuano and Ilocano as Minority Language
In Cebuano and Ilocano speaking countries you will get the countries which have Cebuano and Ilocano as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Cebuano as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Ilocano as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Cebuano and Ilocano dialects, then you can go to Cebuano vs Ilocano Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Cebuano and Ilocano Regulators
Cebuano and Ilocano speaking countries provide you Cebuano and Ilocano regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Visayan Academy of Arts and Letters regulates Cebuano language.Ilocano is regulated by Commission on the Filipino Language. Also get to learn, Cebuano and Ilocano Language History.
Cebuano and Ilocano Continents
Thinking about Cebuano and Ilocano continents in which Cebuano and Ilocano speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Cebuano and Ilocano. Most of the Cebuano speaking countries lie in Asia. While Ilocano speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Cebuano and Ilocano languages:
Cebuano Interesting Facts:
- About one-fifth of the population of the philippines speak cebuano and are second largest ethnolinguistic group in the country.
- Cebuano contains many words of Spanish origin.
Ilocano Interesting Facts:
- Ilocano was originally written with Baybayin syllabary, then gradually it was replaced by Latin alphabet.
- Northwest Luzon is the original Ilocano homeland.
The Cebuano language was derived from Island of Cebu and is similar to Hiligaynon Language whereas Cebuano language is similar to Tagalog, Indonesian and Malaysian Languages and derived from Not Available.